There is definitely something very warm and appealing about a smaller town setting. However, some people don’t want to give up accessibility and convenience for the “small town” feel. Having access to the amenities of a larger metropolitan city fairly close by is a “must-have” for a lot of people. The residents living in Flower Mound, Texas are enjoying this exact lifestyle, and the town is attracting many newcomers who are seeking to experience the benefits as well.
Texas features a number of towns and cities that have “good ol'” appeal. Here’s a list of some of the most desirable smaller towns in the Dallas, Texas area:
Rockwall County, with its small town charm and urban amenities, has proven to be an area with great promise for economic growth. When we say “small town”, we mean “small town”. Rockwall County is one of twelve counties in the Greater Dallas Fort Worth area and is among the smallest counties in the state of Texas.
Plano is the embodiment of a close-knit community. Whether you choose from among the more luxurious, private and upscale areas or go for more middle-class, family-friendly neighborhoods, the people in Plano are comprised of groups, businesses and organizations with a true community commitment.
Flower Mound, Texas
Flower Mound has consistently been one of the fastest growing towns in Texas since the 1990’s and for good reason. Its excellent schools, safe neighborhoods and quality of life make Flower Mound one of the premiere cities in which to live and raise a family. With a wide variety of quality and ‘smart home building’ options, award winning recreational facilities and nature trails, and two world-class golf courses, Flower Mound continues to attract hundreds of new families each year.
Flower Mound balances a special combination of a country setting coupled with an environment ripe for economic growth. The town takes great pride as a frontrunner in continual growth, greater quality of life and a strong eco-friendly philosophy. Among the many benefits of living in Flower Mound, here are just a few of the highlighted advantages of the town:
- Easy access to Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
- An abundance of independent shops and restaurants
- Recognized for the seventh consecutive year as one of the most technologically-advanced cities in the nation by the Center for Digital Government (CDG)
- Has the second lowest crime rate in the United States and the lowest in Texas within the Town’s population category
- Named the sixth best place to move to in the nation and number one in Texas by Forbes in the “America’s 25 Best Places to Move” list